99.5%!!!

For everyone, patients, families, friends, carers...share your methods for coping, your frustrations and seek support

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

evianers

99.5%!!!

Postby evianers » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:22 pm

It has been a while since we posted - guilty consciences have provoked us into putting in another five-pennyworth.
We are, thank God, 99.5% of the way there. One more blood test to determine whether the PSA level has dropped,
then what we hope might be the last visit to the consultant urologist for a while on 22 August.
When we look back over the last horrendous 6/7 months, we can be very happy that our cancer was found in time.
So chaps, get yourselves checked!!! Don't wait!!! Don't put off going!!! and finally, Don't tell SWMBO "stop nagging".
We are of course unutterably thankful that in our case everything has turned out well - for those who have the
opposite problem our hearts go out to you, as dealing with the traumas of the last 6 months has been bad enough.
If we can help anyone, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. No-one could or would tell us how ghastly it
all is, simply because all cases vary, but if we can offer support, please feel free to contact us. Oh, and keep positive!

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: 99.5%!!!

Postby pennycsf » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi Evianers,

Thanks for the continuing good news and the very helpful insight that you have given us all :D

Could I ask you, if you haven't done so, to "subscribe" to the topics which affect you - say, Coping and Support and Cancer Treatment - so that if anyone posts in those forums you will get an automatic e-mail? That will save you popping back and feeling guilty when you don't and also alert you to anyone who might be posting and to whom you could give support.

I do hope there is enough time for you to enjoy the rest of the summer,
Penny

evianers

Postby evianers » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Yes Penny
we should be delighted to do this in order to help others in the same position.
could you please explain how we go about this in order to give the maximum
coverage in the future to helping people who would need our support? TIA
Sheila

pennycsf
Site Admin

Subscribing to a topic

Postby pennycsf » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Do not worry,i t is really very simple :? and can be hugely useful.

If you click on a Forum, say, Cancer treatment, the board will come up with Chemo and Radiotherapy at the top. Below that you should see "Cancer Treatment", moderators, and the "New topic" button. Immediately below that it says "Subscribe Forum". Click on that and, voilà!!!, it should tell you that you have subscribed to be notified of new topics/posts in that Forum. It is a bit long winded in that you have to do it forum by forum, but does mean that you can pick and choose what may be of interest to you. Skip Regional Noticeboards, for example. However, it might also be useful if you subscribed to "Welcome" as that is where most people post first.

Many thanks

Penny
NB Not everyone uses the same form of Forum Board, it comes in two styles, "subsilver", a pale blue, and "prosilver", rather more strident . The above explanation is for "subsilver", if you have the "prosilver" version then the "subscribe" button is at the bottom of each forum page.

evianers

Postby evianers » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:24 pm

We've done it!
Hope to be able to help absolutely anyone who has any problems coping
or medical. Let's fervently hope we receive no replies [if you know what I mean]!

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:28 pm

Thanks, I said it was simple..........

Penny

termietermite

Postby termietermite » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Good to hear things are going well for Mr E (although I do keep up with you elsewhere ;) via my alter-ego.) I too am aware that I don't post often although I do keep a check on Active Topics once a week or so. All the best to you both.

evianers

Postby evianers » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:51 pm

It is all beginning to seem like an incredibly horrid dream - would that this were so.
However, remaining positive, we have recently been able to have :
four days in Berlin = thank you EasyJet
four days in Santiago de Compostella = saying a profound thanks for recovery
+
8 days with our family in the UK.
So everything is almost back to normal. Our offer still stands good if anyone at all
needs help, information, support etc. as from our own experiences, it is those who
have been through something simular who [b]know[b] what one is going through.
Keep smiling and keep chins up!

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Smashing news :D . This Christmas will be a real time to celebrate, not that one needs excuses!!!

All your posts are hugely helpful to those "who come after", just pop in once in a while in case you can give any support!

Penny

Return to “Coping and support”