Return to France American/French citizen Multiple Myeloma

Moderators: pennycsf, goldenoldie, PaddyFrog, Cathy Allen, KarenVM87

Edmart

Return to France American/French citizen Multiple Myeloma

Postby Edmart » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:36 am

My wife, Berthe, is getting Hospice at home in New York City . She has had Multiple Myeloma since 2006. She was born in Paris in 1933 and came to the U.S. as a war orphan in 1947. She never lost her French citizenship because she became an American citizen before she was 21 years of age. She wants to return to France for her last years on this earth. How would we go about getting her to France? We can pay privately but hope there is public assistance.Thanks for any help you can give. Edward

KarenVM87

Re: Return to France American/French citizen Multiple Myelom

Postby KarenVM87 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:52 am

Hello Edward
Unfortunately we cannot offer any financial help but there is an organisation La Ligue Contre Le Cancer with branches throughout France. I can give you their contact telephone number in Paris 01 45 00 00 17, or email contact cd75@ligue-cancer.net. Their website is http://www.ligue-cancer.net/cd75?gclid= ... tAodcyUA7A
I hope you are able to fulfil your desire.
Karen

Edmart

Postby Edmart » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks Karen, for the information about le Ligue Contre le Cancer. I sent them an email just now. I hope they read English. Yesterday we had a visit from a rabbi and I told him about my wife's hope to return to France. What he said moved me very much: "What a beautiful thing it would be if the Country of her birth where she had so much pain as a child could give her solace and comfort in her last days." Gratefully, Edward Palumbo

PS Berthe lost both parents in Auschwitz when she was a child of 9.

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:11 pm

Just so you know, away from the forum, but with the help of CSF association in Bordeaux, Edward has been put in touch with various institutions to help him in his aim.

Penny

KarenVM87

Postby KarenVM87 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:25 pm

That is very good news

Return to “Sud de France (Aude, Ariège, P-O, Tarn)”