Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

nigel

Postby nigel » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am emigrating to France on 2nd June 2012 and will be living in Quillan near Limoux. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2005. The surgery option was not available for me so I have been on a constant monitoring ever since. I am well and feel no effects and my current consultant says I am his cheapest NHS patient - long may it continue.

I found the site thru Connexion and look forward to going to the Monthly session in Limoux on Wednesday 6th June at 10am to introduce myself and my good lady. I am not concerned about finding a GP, but finding one who is aware of CSF and possibly speaks a little English (to accompany my weak French) is a first priority as my monitoring is by regular Blood Tests. Any recommendations welcome and I am prepared to use a doctor in Limoux if that is considered the best optiion.

We look forward to meeting you all in June. Nigel & Pauline PS - This my first forum post anywhere, hope it turns out right !!

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: New member

Postby pennycsf » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Copied to Sud de France Forum as Quillan is in CSF Sud area
Penny

Welcome to the CSF Forum, Nigel.

And welcome to France and Quillan, a lovely town. Down the road (2 hours drive), here in Perpignan, you may have spotted that we are also part of CSF Sud. France is a big country and via the Fourm we hope to put people in touch with each other and also to share information. May your first post not be your last!!! Please do let us all know how your transition to French health care goes, the ups and downs so that everyone may benefit. And don't hesitate to post any queries, moans and groans and do tell your good lady to join too, under a pseudonym, so that she can complain about you when the need arises!

You would be well advised to register as soon as possible with a French médecin traitant, so do go to the Limoux Drop In and get some advice from our members there as to who to choose. Monthly blood tests will not be a problem, but you will find the organisation different to in the UK.

All best wishes for the "move",

Penny :D

Return to “Languedoc”