Welcome

This forum is for new members. Find out a little about Cancer Support France and its aims, introduce yourself, if you wish, and meet other members.

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

Lynnette

Re: Welcome

Postby Lynnette » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Hello

I had IDC in 2009, 2 ops, chemo and radiothereapy and then bi lateral salpingo oompherectomy.. Had Tamox and now on Arimasin. Allergic reactions, lymphodeama and other problems along the way but I'm still here and living the life in the Charente. Now having problems with my eyes and today just had ACE and CA15.3 blood tests and back to hospital next week...

Lynnette

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:48 pm

A very warm welcome, Lynette, to the CSF Forum!! Of course, I am only sorry that you find yourself here because you too are touched by cancer.

It sounds like you are handling life with all its ups and downs in a very positive way which i am sure will be of great help to you and those close to you. And the Charente is a lovely place to be.

The Forum is here to give information and to provide support in whatever way it can. If you want to share on a subject, then use the search box and you'll find other posts on lymphoedema, for example. The same applies for information, we have a number of documents translated into English as well as some useful French stuff, if you are looking for something specific, then try the search box.

Otherwise feel free to use this Forum how best it suits you, it may not always seem very active (fortunately there are a limited number of anglophones touched by cancer and living in France!) but you will always find an "ear".

Fingers crossed the hospital visit brings good news,
And best wishes from the sunny south of France.

Penny :)

Lynfs

Postby Lynfs » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi. I don't have Cancer, but my husband has been diagnosed with Liver Cancer, which they say due to his age 70 he is too old to operate or have a transplant. So they have given him tablets Nexavar. and we go back to see the consultant every month. I get very frustrated sometimes as I don't know if some of symptoms he has is to do with the tablets.

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:49 pm

Hello Lyn

Thank you for joining the CSF Forum. I have copied your post into the Cancer Treatment section under the heading Nexavar, as it should attract more attention there.

If you haven't done so, do have a look in the Coping and Support section, you will find that 'frustration' is a feeling that many people put into a caring role have. You are not alone so do feel free to share that frustration through this forum.
Kindest regards,
Penny

diparkin

Postby diparkin » Mon May 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Hi

Just to introduce myself; my involvement with cancer has been as a carer for my daughter who died almost 2 years ago. I live on the Aude Arriege border and have been involved with the book sales in Leran and Mirepoix. I am now about to train as an active listener, which I am looking forward to.
All the best
di parkin

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Mon May 22, 2017 7:23 pm

Thanks, Di, for getting involved with CSF. Good luck with the course, it should be challenging and fun!! :)

KarenVM87

Postby KarenVM87 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:54 pm

Welcome diparkin. All the very best with your training to become an active listener. I am sure that you will enjoy it.

Return to “Welcome”