New Diagnosis

This forum is for new members. Find out a little about Cancer Support France and its aims, introduce yourself, if you wish, and meet other members.

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

Richmond & Mary

New Diagnosis

Postby Richmond & Mary » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 am

:cry: Hi, everybody, I just want to talk to somebody out there, my lovely wife Mary has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and I just can not stop crying. My family have given us a lot of supportbut nothing seems to help, Mary starts Radiology on her brain today in Toulouse and then next week she will attend Shiva Hospital near Foix for Chemotherapy, unfortunately Mary has developed paralysis of her right foot as a result of the brain lesion and no one seems to know if it will be permanent or not, we are about to celebrate ? our 46th wedding anniversary on the 20th of December, thats when the Chemo starts! Can anybody talk to me about anything as I am devastated, I,ll have to stop now as the key board is getting wet, Bye Richmond :cry:

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: New Diagnosis

Postby pennycsf » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Dear Richmond
I do not have words to adequately express how I felt when I read your post. To say that I am "sorry" would not reflect my sympathy for you at this truly awful time. Mary's recent diagnosis will have been an enormous shock and you will also now be coping or trying to cope with the complete transformation of your lives, as Mary embarks on tests and treatment. It is an emotional roller coaster.

The purpose of CSF is to provide support in whatever way is possible, this Forum being one way. CSF Sud which mainly covers the Aude, Ariège and Pyrénées-Orientales, as well as adjoining areas, would, from what you say, be your nearest association. It has trained members to give support by listening on the telephone.

The telephone helpline for CSF Sud is 04 68 69 01 37 where any messages are taken by answerphone and someone will get back to you as soon as possible, at the latest within 24 hours. There is also an e-mail support line at helplinecsfsud@gmail.com

And please do not hesitate to post on here. That may help you to express your feelings, as well as inviting others to give support.

Thinking of you
Penny

francis

Postby francis » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:03 am

I can only repeat what Penny said - CSF can at least give you someone to talk to.

In these terrible moments, at least be aware that there are many of us who are on your side.

Richmond & Mary

Postby Richmond & Mary » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks for your support and help, I will phone CSF as soon as I can, Mary has just returned from Toulouse today after the radiotherapy, which incedentally resembles some sort of medieval torture and she is feeling very tired, as stated she will start Chemo on Wed. at Shiva, will let you know how she gets on. Richmond.

Richmond & Mary

Postby Richmond & Mary » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:24 pm

does anyone know of any english speaking kinestherapuete in Ariege as the hospital has advised Mary to attend one for the paralysed foot, thanks Richmond

pennycsf
Site Admin

Kiné

Postby pennycsf » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:22 pm

I have put out some queries in the Ariège region and will get back to you as and when I hear.

Penny

biggles

Postby biggles » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Dear Richmond and Mary
I have nothing useful to add to what has been said, but I would like you to know that I too will be thinking of you during this awful time. Coping with the diagnosis is difficult enough and then, before that has been taken in, you are swallowed up in treatment and all sorts of appointments without quite knowing what is happening. Even tho' it is Mary who is being treated, you both are suffering.

I am sorry but as I live in the P-O, I can't help with the English speaking kiné.

My very best wishes to you both
Biggles

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Kiné

Postby pennycsf » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:39 pm

I am told that there is an English speaking kiné in Lavalenet. He is Eric Paradis, telephone 05 61 01 05 85. Address 21 rue Réné Cassin.

Hoping this helps.

Penny

evianers

Postby evianers » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:57 am

Hi Richmond
Only just joined the forum and posted the first message. OK, so our situation is not exactly brilliant, but compared to what you are going through, perhaps I should be a little ashamed of myself for feeling "drained". You must be feeling aboslutely awful, but you have to try and stay strong for Mary's sake = easily said I know. But being in similar if not such drastic circumstances, it helps to share and have the support of people who are going through the same awful period in their lives. Have you posted on the CompleteFrance forum? There are very supportive members there if you put your message under the Health section. Thinking of you......
Sheila

Return to “Welcome”