May I introduce myself

This forum is for new members. Find out a little about Cancer Support France and its aims, introduce yourself, if you wish, and meet other members.

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

Netschwester

May I introduce myself

Postby Netschwester » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Hello Everyone

I have just found this website through the Connexion newspaper and wanted to register right away.

My husband and I live in Lot et Garonne S W France. My husband who is 65 years old, has recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer after being monitored for 2 years. The second set of biopsies he had revealed an aggressive cancer which has left us feeling quite shocked. We are awaiting the results of a bone scan and body scan along with a treatment plan on 12 th January.

I have been all over the NHS website and their links to get a better understanding of what he may be facing. At the moment we are quite perplexed and wonder what the results are going to bring. Obviously I am praying that it is contained within his prostate so that he stands a real chance, although the side effects for any treatment he has to suffer sound worrying. I may be back to you looking for the best surgeons possible.

Kindest regards and warmest thoughts to you all.

Netschwester

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: May I introduce myself

Postby pennycsf » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:56 am

Hello Netschwester,
I am glad you have found us and do so hope that you find the forum supportive during the months to come. It will be a difficult time for you both, so please free to use us in whatever way helps YOU. If you need to shout to relieve the inevitable frustrations, then do so!

It also helps US if you feel you can share some of the more practical things with us - the NHS and other UK based websites are superb, but they are not describing treatment or the health system in France. This forum aims to support people living in a French environment with all the added complications that brings.

Good wishes for the 12th January and your husband's results and treatment plan. Fingers crossed that the scans are positive.

Penny

lottie13

Postby lottie13 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:02 am

my advice is question everything, never leave a consultation until all your questions are answered, then research, research, research, leave no stone unturned and don't be fobbed off,
If you feel uneasy about anything or have queries come on here and ask
very good luck in your battle

Netschwester

Postby Netschwester » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:36 pm

Thank you Penny and Lottie

I feel that I have a full time job ahead of me and I am so glad that I have found ones like you who are likely to understand as well as be able to offer help and advice.

Chat again soon

Netty

Return to “Welcome”