new member breast cancer

This forum is for new members. Find out a little about Cancer Support France and its aims, introduce yourself, if you wish, and meet other members.

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

dubs

new member breast cancer

Postby dubs » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Hello Everyone I have just found this website and I am so relieved.I have just been diagnosed with breast cancer.Unfortunately my french is not very good although I have weekly lessons.
I have had biopsy done and the result being the hormonal recepteurs are positive ,and i have to have surgery. We live in dept 47 .Next week i go to speak with the surgeon.Wii it be very difficult to ask all the questions I need answers to?
Any advise would be very helpfull.

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: new member breast cancer

Postby pennycsf » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Hello Dubs
Welcome to the CSF Forum, even if it is in such circumstances. I am so sorry to learn of your diagnosis, life will seem very difficult at the moment.

There is a CSF association in Dept 47, CSF Dordogne Sud. If you have a look in the Forum section called CSF Contacts you will see that the Regional Groups are lisetd with all their phone nos. and e-mail addresses. I suggest that you contact them as soon as possible as it is quite likely that a member of their team can come with you to see the consultant and help with any language difficulties. They will also be able to help with any questions which you need formulating.

Very best of luck and if you can't contact Dordogne Sud for any reason, do come back here as we can help you "at a distance" so to speak.

Penny

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: new member breast cancer

Postby pennycsf » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Dub's latest post has been moved to "Coping and Support"
Penny

Return to “Welcome”