Facing mastectomy in a few weeks

This forum is for new members. Find out a little about Cancer Support France and its aims, introduce yourself, if you wish, and meet other members.

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

pennycsf
Site Admin

Facing mastectomy in a few weeks

Postby pennycsf » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:46 am

This post and the replies have been moved into a new topic "Mastectomy - advice wanted!" in the Cancer Treatment Forum where I hope it will get more exposure. :)

Here is the link:
http://csf-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=467&p=1186#p1186

Penny

Postby Carmas » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:25 pm
Hi.

Just found this website, fantastic information! I am a 36 year old (Irish) mother of three young children, diagnosed with breast cancer in February. I had a lumpectomy in March and I have just finished 6 rounds of chemo without too much fuss. I have had great support and have managed the language barrier very well so far. I am based in the Tarn Region - 81. The care I have been getting is excellent.

I have spoken to a number of people that have been treated with breast cancer, however I would love to get in touch with someone who has had a mastectomy recently. I am due to get mine in a few weeks (date to be set this Saturday) and I could do with some honest advice about the process and recovery. I am not getting reconstruction right away, as I must get radiotherapy in the autumn.

Anyone out there that could give me a guiding hand? :?:

Many thanks.

Charlie x :?:

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Facing mastectomy in a few weeks

Postby pennycsf » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:49 am

Hi Carmas
I will reply here to your comment about CSF, it would be super if, in the fullness of time and when you are feeling ready (whether that is in 6 months or 2 years) you could join us. :D Don't hesitate to get in touch by e-mail or phone.

very best wishes
Penny

Return to “Welcome”