breast cancer

This forum is for new members. Find out a little about Cancer Support France and its aims, introduce yourself, if you wish, and meet other members.

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

beverleyxuk

breast cancer

Postby beverleyxuk » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:35 pm

hello everyone, didn't know where to turn to then my husband found this site in the connection newspaper.
we have lived in france running a business for 6 years and still my French is poor,
in 2010 i lost my beloved dog of 14 years, turned 50 and was then diagnosed with breast cancer phew what a year!
i had the tumour removed and 30 sessions of radiotheraphy and was told i would be ok now, have had 6 monthly mammograms and everything was ok,
this year i went in july only to be told there was something showing on the mammogram and that i would need to have 6 biopsies,
had the results in september that i have cancer again,
ive now been to see the surgeon and my oncologist to be told my only hope is a mastectomy,
i am devastated by this as any woman can imagine, i am really struggling with it, and although they have booked me in for the op next week part of me just wants to run and hide, im terrified, i don't want to lose my breast, just cant think straight,

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: breast cancer

Postby pennycsf » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:56 pm

Hello Beverley
Welcome to the CSF Forum, although I am so sorry that you are having to face this difficult news. I have copied your post and moved it to the "Specific cancers" "Breast Cancer" section where I think it will get more attention. I have posted more of a reply there too.

Penny

susie54

Re: breast cancer

Postby susie54 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:33 pm

Hello Beverley
Just joined the forum and read your post. I had mastectomy in 2010 and I had the reconstruction using my dorsal muscle so no silicone a year ago and three sessions of lipo-filling so not only does my breast look ok when i wear a bra, but I benefitted from some fat removal from my tum and hips :D I was never scared about the op, I just wanted them to remove something bad from me as quick as possible and the only nuisance afterwards was the temporary prosthese which was always in danger of falling out. It is daunting and I'm not making light of it, but I really feel if it has to be done, do it and look forward. My reconstruction isn't complete yet, but i'm wanting a break from surgery and i'm working full time. I honestly look well, and feel well, and I send you my best wishes, Sue x

Return to “Welcome”