Hello from the Alsace

This forum is for new members. Find out a little about Cancer Support France and its aims, introduce yourself, if you wish, and meet other members.

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

smc68300

Hello from the Alsace

Postby smc68300 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi there,

I live in St. Louis just over the border from Basel, Switzerland. My husband has been receiving treatment for bladder cancer which has now metastasized to both lungs, his eye, brain & spine. He probably has somewhere in the 2-6 month time frame left. We have 2 sons aged 7 & 9.

Because of our proximity to Basel, he is receiving all treatment in Switzerland. I have no idea about what services or support might be available in France. Anyone in a similar cross-border situation?

Thanks!
Sarah

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Hello from the Alsace

Postby pennycsf » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Hello Sarah

Reading your post, I am so very sorry for you and your husband and also your boys. What a terribly stressful situation for you all.

There is no CSF association in your area to provide practical support in English, the nearest english speaking cancer association is based in Geneva and does support people over the border in France. Although this association is not affiliated to CSF it does provide similar services and has similar goals. Their website is at:

http://www.cancersupport.ch/

Having said that, CSF is a national organisation and can provide information and confidential support by e-mail or telephone. If this would be helpful to you or your husband could you please let me know. If you prefer, do send an e-mail or use the PM system on this forum. I can then put you in touch with a trained volunteer who will be able to supply long distance support.

With warm wishes
Penny

Return to “Welcome”