Andy Shepherd

Please take the opportunity here to celebrate the life of someone close to you. You will also find information and help during bereavement

Moderators: pennycsf, goldenoldie, PaddyFrog, Cathy Allen, KarenVM87

KarenVM87

Andy Shepherd

Postby KarenVM87 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:57 am

It is with a very heavy and saddened heart to inform you that Andy Shepherd has died. As many of you know he was a huge supporter of Cancer Support France and the husband of Linda who was the co-founder. He was a valued member of Cancer Support Haute-Vienne and always enjoyed being involved. We will miss his level headiness and words of wisdom.

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Andy Shepherd

Postby pennycsf » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:47 am

Indeed, Karen. For those who did not know Andy and Linda, Andy was the first treasurer who served almost until Linda, his wife and our Founder, retired in 2014. 12 years of stalwart service to CSF and a huge support to Linda who could not have achieved what she did without his "behind the scenes" presence.

After Linda and Andy "retired" from CSF (National) he was a constant source of support to us all as we moved forward with the legacy Linda had passed on. His advice was always positive (even when he was telling us NOT to do something) and his gentleness, quiet humour and wisdom will be much missed. Coming after the loss of Linda, in March, 2017 has been a sad year for CSF and all those who are part of the wider Cancer Support network.

MREYORK

Re: Andy Shepherd

Postby MREYORK » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 pm

I was very saddened to receive an email telling me that Andy had passed away. Here is my tribute: -

I met Andy and Linda at the CSF (National) AGM on March 18th 2010, just after I had become local President. Andy was 'on the door' and welcomed me to my first AGM, explaining what I needed to do with papers etc. He was tall, but in no way an overbearing man; he was gentle, quite quiet, very knowledgeable about all things CSF and a stickler for what was right and what was not in accordance with our Statutes. Over the years, I found him to be even more knowledgeable about 'stuff' outside of CSF and his sense of humour was very dry and very, very funny.

When I approached him about taking on the Editorship of Touchlineshe could not have been more helpful and, to this day, I still have the notes I took about how to 'do it' and I have referred back to them as I take on the role again. I could say that his introduction to desktop publishing has brought me to where I am today and has been of great benefit. I felt comfortable being on the National Conseil with Andy there; he always brought a sense of order to proceedings and was the voice of reason.

Andy was a very kind man. He will be missed."

Margaret York (CSF Dordogne Est & Lot)
Former Touchlines Editor (2011-2015) and Editor in waiting from 2018

Return to “In Memory”