Linda Shepherd Founder of CSF

Please take the opportunity here to celebrate the life of someone close to you. You will also find information and help during bereavement

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

pennycsf
Site Admin

Linda Shepherd Founder of CSF

Postby pennycsf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Linda Shepherd died on Thursday 23rd March 2017 aged only 64.

Linda's journey with cancer led her to start the original support group in 2002 to address the needs of those living in France and struggling with the illness in a foreign language. CSF, as it later became, slowly developed and now has 15 affiliated associations across much of France and two independent associations which grew from those early roots.

It was Linda's commitment and determination, supported by her husband, Andy, which created CSF. She retired after 12 years 'at the helm' in 2014 but was always available to talk to CSF members and offer guidance and advice. Sadly, not long after her retirement, her cancer recurred in a rare form. She tackled this with her usual gusto, seeking information which she shared with us all.

She was a fan of the CSF Forum, encouraging it to be started back in 2010, contributing sensitive and sometimes funny posts. She was passionate about training. She wanted to ensure that those CSF members who had direct contact with clients were properly trained. She continued as a trainer with CS H-V and also regularly contributed to the National training programme, attending the National Trainers' Conference in November 2016.

As the current CSF National President, I was lucky enough to benefit from her wisdom and support and will miss Linda enormously. In what became her last message to me a few days before she died, she said:

"Please convey my love to National at your AGM tomorrow and let them know that this is my last journey."

A journey much shorter than we all wished, but what a journey it was. Amongst the sadness is the knowledge that Linda's achievements will outlive her and I hope her inspiration will continue to motivate all of us to ensure that CSF continues to grow and support every anglophone in France touched by cancer.

Penny Parkinson
President CSF (National)

Return to “In Memory”