Retrospective claim to CPAM

A Forum for members to share information about GPs and other medical services (eg. X ray centres - centres de radiologie) in France EXCLUDING those in hospitals/clinics dealt with in Forum below

Moderators: pennycsf, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen, PaddyFrog

Jules Hall

Retrospective claim to CPAM

Postby Jules Hall » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:37 pm

My client is in the process of obtaining her carte vitale. She has undergone chemo for her breast cancer. Now about to commence radiotherapy. To date she has had to pay for some treatment herself and claim back from her Mutuelle. I am told that once she has her carte vitale she can claim back from CPAM any costs she has had to pay herself. If this is correct I would imagine she has to ask for a feuille de soins and submit that to CPAM as and when she has her Carte. Anyone have experience of this situation ?

KarenVM87

Re: Retrospective claim to CPAM

Postby KarenVM87 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:47 am

As far as I am aware you keep all your receipts/payments for medical treatment/medicine until you get your attestation. Then you are able to claim back from CPAM. Perhaps your client could telephone the english speaking helpline CPAM 0811 36 36 46 (but this call is charged at an average cost of 6 euros per minute). Here also is the link to the CPAM page in english https://www.ameli.fr/assure/english-pages

Good luck.

biggles

Postby biggles » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:08 am

Hi there,
Although this was some years ago now, I was in a sort of similar position. Admittedly, I did have a carte vitale but it took a long time (months) for the attestation for ALD to come through to get the benefit of the 100% cover and we paid for MRIs, chemo etc ourselves, our mutuelle wouldn't pay because it should have been paid by CPAM. When the attestation arrived, I was very pleased to find that CPAM automatically refunded the money which should have been paid by them without any other action on my part.

It may well be the same for your lady. The French system seems to be joined up once the paperwork is in place. Bon courage ;)

Jules Hall

Postby Jules Hall » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:33 am

Many thanks for the responses..very useful.

Return to “Doctors (Médecins généralistes) and other services”