Ketogenic diet and cancer

Use this for general discussion about cancer topics, new clinical trials, alternative therapies, general advice and tips

Moderators: pennycsf, goldenoldie, PaddyFrog, Cathy Allen, KarenVM87

Linmin

Ketogenic diet and cancer

Postby Linmin » Mon May 02, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi Everyone,
With the agreement of my oncologist - who says if I feel well on it it's fine to do, I am trying to follow the ketogenic diet to support my cancer treatment. It is a very low carb, moderate protein and high fat programme. I need to find a nutritionist who can help me set up the plan according to my specific needs. HOspital nutrition doctor hasn't a clue about it. Does anyone have any contacts who might be able to help?
Many thanks,
Linda

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Ketogenic diet and cancer

Postby pennycsf » Mon May 02, 2016 8:40 pm

Hello Linda,

Having looked up a ketogenic diet (which I'd never heard of) it looks interesting, to say the least. And even more interesting that your oncologist is behind you. Of course, that reminds everyone that no treatment/vitamins etc should be taken without the full knowledge of ones consultant.

I'm afraid I don't have any contacts in the Sud de France who seem to have this knowledge, but I'll keep asking.

Good luck!
Penny

Linmin

Postby Linmin » Tue May 03, 2016 10:23 am

Thanks Penny.
I have gathered quite a lot of written resources in my searches. Would you like me to send them to you for a separate info section on the Forum/website?

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Tue May 03, 2016 10:44 am

Yes, that would be useful. We have a section on complementary treatment and it would fit well in there.

Thanks, Linda. :)

Return to “General Information”