syringes

Use this for general discussion about cancer topics, new clinical trials, alternative therapies, general advice and tips

Moderators: pennycsf, goldenoldie, PaddyFrog, Cathy Allen, KarenVM87

stanley19

syringes

Postby stanley19 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:08 pm

does anyone know, if you are 100% and need regular self administered injections, ie 3 times a day, I know the medication is 100% but the pharmacy said we have to pay for the syringes.
I know 45c each isnt huge but 9.45euros is quite a lot.
the pharmacie said, " well you can get the nurse to come and do it 3 times day but I had a quick look and it would cost 75euros day! and be very inconvenient for my husband, as it would render him more or less housebound.
anyone know

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: syringes

Postby pennycsf » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Thanks for this question and one I haven't bumped into before - hopefully others will have done!

As odd as it seems, it appears that syringes are NOT covered unless the the syringe comes pre-filled with the medication in which case the price of the syringe is included. Is that the case with your husband?

Do you have a mutuelle? It may be that the syringes can be reimbursed through them?

I'll look further for you,
Penny

Penny

stanley19

Postby stanley19 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi Penny, its trish daniels I have re registered as my previous account seems to have been de activated, no problem. Yes we do have a mutuelle.
The thing with getting the nurse to call is that it would really restrict him as it is 3 times day and also seems a huge waste of government money.

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:08 pm

Hello Trish, good to hear from you!!

It does sound a nonsense, having the nurse call and, as you say, so restricting. From your reply, do I assume that the mutuelle won't cover the cost or part of it?

Apparently, the GP/oncologist can prescribe the number of syringes in the pack as the bigger the pack, the cheaper they are. Or could they be supplied pre-filled? Different drugs come in different formats.

How are you both?
Penny

Return to “General Information”