Toulouse accomodation for families

Forum users are all over France, post in this Forum hospitals which treat cancer and the services that they provide

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

pennycsf
Site Admin

Toulouse accomodation for families

Postby pennycsf » Wed May 22, 2013 1:34 pm

If someone is a patient in any public or private hospital in Toulouse, then their family/carer can ask for overnight accomodation in either the Maison d'Accueil Le Laurier Rose or Le Vallon. They can both be used by day patients who need to stay overnight and the latter is also available to those who need to be "watched" perhaps after minor surgery but who do not need nursing care. Both have 24 hour staff.

In addition, for those wanting to stay near children who are in hospital, there is a "Foundation Ronald McDonald" next to the Children's hospital which also accepts people the night before or after an appointment if they live too far away to make the journey in a day.

The accommodation is chargeable

For further details look at their website which is at:-

http://www.chu-toulouse.fr/-hebergement ... lles,1587-

Penny

PaddyFrog

Re: Toulouse accomodation for families

Postby PaddyFrog » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:16 pm

My wife stayed in Le Vallon last week, whilst I was having an intervention at Rangeuil, (to insert two stents into my cardioid artery). It is run by volunteers and is ideally suited for relatives. You help with the washing up and clearing the table. There is no limited to the time staying, ideal for the children's hospital after your two weeks stay with your child is up. Pre book and confirm the day before entry. They give you a form which is stamped by the service treating your family member.

Return to “Hospitals and their services”