Oncopole Toulouse

Forum users are all over France, post in this Forum hospitals which treat cancer and the services that they provide

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

PaddyFrog

Oncopole Toulouse

Postby PaddyFrog » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:31 am

Had my latest controle in the new " Institut Universitaire Du Cancer de Toulouse" , it is vast compared to l'institut Claudius Regaud, and has all cancer treatments there with state of the art equipment, it is built on the old AZF site. it has a Self that is open from 11:30 to 14:00 Monday to Friday, with a capacity of 300 places, for staff and visitors, there is also a Relais H in the main entrance.

I have attached their Web page for info:

http://www.claudiusregaud.fr/L-institut ... r-Oncopole

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Oncopole Toulouse

Postby pennycsf » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:34 pm

Interesting, but what is a "Self"?
P

PaddyFrog

Postby PaddyFrog » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Cafeteria

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:18 pm

That's a new one on me, you lear something every day :lol:

Brumstyle

Postby Brumstyle » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi

I recently had my ovaries removed at the new Oncopole centre in Toulouse. This is my opinion of the hospital and my experience.
The room is a single room, very comfortable, free TV and phone (for the first year only). The staff very helpful although things seemed a little haphazard on arrival. Room not ready, one bed broken (after only 4 months of service), no bloods taken when seeing Anaesthatist and a panic to get a line in and trying to cross and type my blood 10 mins before my op on the Monday morning. This made me a little stressed as they kept telling me the surgeon was waiting for me and it took 5 or 6 attempts for them to get my blood and line in!! Not great just before surgery.

My surgeon is Prof. Legeuvaque (from Rangueil), and as always he was kind, considerate and performed a great operation. He works at both hospitals now.

In general I had a good in hospital experience, but I think there is a little way to go before the Admin, and Medical staff are totally in tune with the patient and their needs. All in all though excellent treatment as always, just a lack of human contact and post op advice.

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:39 pm

Thanks Brumstyle, that's really useful for everyone else.

Wishing you well with the recovery, :)

Penny

Brumstyle

Postby Brumstyle » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Thank you Penny.

The operation has been one of the easiest and I have had a very quick recovery. On a different note I forgot to mention that of course all the equipment for diagnosis at Oncopole is second to none. I think we will receive excellent follow up treatment and diagnosis and once they have found their feet I think all the services will be excellent too.

Return to “Hospitals and their services”