Change in Bon Transport

Here you will find documents that may be in English or French

Moderators: pennycsf, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen, PaddyFrog

PaddyFrog

Change in Bon Transport

Postby PaddyFrog » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:13 pm

There have been recent changes in the Bon Transport, It is still issued by your Doctor, But it has to be forwarded to the Medicine Conseil, at your local caisse for approval, allow up to 4 weeks for this process.

I have been told locally that there have been numerous refusals for treatment outside the department, whether that is only for Clinics, or includes CHU's as well, I am waiting to find out.

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Change in Bon Transport

Postby pennycsf » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Thanks, Paddyfrog, I had a query from someone last week about transport outside the department which had been refused. It is certainly being tightened up and any application has to be made well in advance to be sure of payment.

Can you keep us posted on this, please? Anyone with cancer may be sent to a Regional centre for treatment which is often outside the department.

PaddyFrog

Postby PaddyFrog » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:48 am

Generally in the past you could be treated at any CHU within the Hexagon. But with the PO, and some other departments, they will refuse if they believe the same OR similar facilities are offered within the department, you can appeal, but by the time it is heard you will have lost your slot or be dead.

If you think your treatment is important, I personally would appeal, but attend the CHU or other agreed place, with my private transport and have the treatment, and try to claim back the expenses later.

Unfortunately for the PO, the nearest Center of Excellence is Toulouse !!!, and I have heard of doctors in Toulouse refusing to treat PO patients, because of long delays in settling their accounts, by CPAM des PO

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Hmmmmmm.....not encouraging. I suppose the facilities in the P-O have improved over the last few years with the "new" CH and the Centre Catalan d'Oncologie and they do have internet weekly conferencing with Montpellier, according to ONCO-PO. I guess they are bound to want to limit costs if treatment is available in the department, but, as you say, the regional centres are Toulouse or MP! Heaven knows what will happen when Languedoc-Roussillon joins Midi-Pyrénées - we may get sent to Lourdes! :roll:

Anyone elsewhere in France had any similar problems?

PaddyFrog

Postby PaddyFrog » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:44 pm

I am attaching a pdf of the current form cerfa N5074303

http://www.ameli.fr/fileadmin/user_uplo ... /S3139.pdf

If you look on violet3 it clearly states that in the absence of a reply after 15 days, your request has been agreed.

What you can do is to give request to the transporter, within the PO they will take it to 19 Espace Méditerranée , Perpignan.

Other departments the transporter, the medical secretary of your generalist all will know the address of: M le Médecine conseil, for your particular caisse

The advantage of giving it to your transporter, is that they will reserve a provisional booking for a VSL with them.

Hope this helps

Return to “Useful Documents”