stem cell treatment

From wigs to water - a forum to discuss anything concerning chemotherapy treatments - tips, questions, advice, experiences, etc

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

goldenoldie

stem cell treatment

Postby goldenoldie » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:15 am

OK ..so my "Date with Destiny" arrived on Tuesday and instead of explaining the details of what he has told me all year (I will have chemo once every 3 weeks for 8 sessions)..he announces that I am an ideal candiate for a France-wide study of the effect of chemo with stem cell treatment!!! Quite a shock to hear that. I have investigated it since coming home (good old Internet!) and it seems a good treatment..but hard! - 3 days in hospital for chemo,then 3 weeks at home repeated 4 times, then 3 weeks in hospital for the stem cell treatment. The study is stage 3 of an ongoing study since 2007..so not experimental at all...I will just be part of the statistics. I already know from other people -and seen it on the TV - that stem cell treatment works well..if it works..they say this has 80% success rate and people with Rheumatoid Arthritis like my cousin gets amazing results with the drug used..Rituximab.
Anyone else out there had this sort of treatment and are willing to divulge what its like?

Return to “Chemo”