Scintigraphie

From wigs to water - a forum to discuss anything concerning chemotherapy treatments - tips, questions, advice, experiences, etc

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

francis

Scintigraphie

Postby francis » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:02 pm

Lottie has raised a query about scintigraphies, I had one of those a few years ago when it was used to check my bones for any spread of the tumours. I seem to recall (there are so many tests!) that I had an injection and was then sent away for a couple of hours during which I had to drink 2 litres of water! As it happened, no problem, as I was told I could have lunch and my wife and I went to a local restaurant - only snag was that by the second bottle of water I had taken over the loo! Anyway, on returning to the hospital I was strapped to a table thing and a machine pased over me - no need to undress or anything. They had to do it twice in my case as the first scan didn't show up well and I was sent to the loo (fortunately) be'tween scans. Although technicians did the scan, I was given the result and the report by a doctor before I left.

If your husband has reacted badly to injected dyes, before, presumably you will make that known before any further tests?

lottie13

Re: Scintigraphie

Postby lottie13 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:13 am

Just an update on the scintagaphie.
I took my husband to Lorient to the clinic at Ploemeur.
All the staff were lovely.
They knew all about his previous anyphalactic shock, so instead of one injection, they set up a drip and started very slowly whilst monitoring him.
It took a lot longer but was without incident.
Of course we got the results straight away

goldenoldie

Postby goldenoldie » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:04 pm

Dear Lottie 13 I am so pleased your latest examination went well...just goes to show that whatever the situation,communication is the name of the game and if you tell the staff things, they do react to them.
Hope the results were ok too :D

lottie13

Postby lottie13 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:24 pm

no i am sad to say the results were not good, my husband has too many tumors to operate and one in particuler is near to the biliary artery, it is this one which is releasing the high chemicals and causing all his symptoms, he now has carcinoid syndrome and pellagra.
he is being referred to Rennes to see a neuroendocrine expert and i will keep you all posted
thank you for all replies and emails which are greatly appreciated

Return to “Chemo”