Just diagnosed

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

Cheryl

Re: Just diagnosed

Postby Cheryl » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:18 pm

Thank you both for your replies. I think i'm just having rather a 'down' day, so no doubt I'll get over it! I've noticed that most 'friends' haven't kept in touch, with a couple of exceptions, and I think that's got me down a bit. Srill, it shows who are friends and who just like invitations to dinner!
Soon be over and done with (and sorry to be so mardy!)
Cheryl

KarenVM87

Postby KarenVM87 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:55 am

Hi Cheryl, don't beat yourself up by having an off day.......don't we all have one of those from time to time. i have heard this before regarding 'friends', but some people just don't know what to say or do towards you. Concentrate on those who care and enjoy the friends that matter. Never, never apologise for as you say mardy.
Best wishes
Karen

Gina

Re: Feeling angry and upset

Postby Gina » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Hello everyone

I am new to the forum and just want to tell my story so far.
I was diagnosed after Christmas as having breast cancer my Gp made an appointment at the hospital with a matter of days. All went well for four weeks I had further scans and a date for pre op intervention and date of the lumpectomy. The day of the operation I was told had I brought a sports bra as this is what I would need to wear afterwards. I was surprised as no one had mentioned this to me. After the op the surgeon came and said I needed to wear a bra day and night for two weeks. So I did snd believe me it was so uncomfortable after a week I went to see if I could find a sports bra in my size and I could not. So I quickly ordered two from Bravissimo which came a further week later. Into my third week and my breast began to swell. This is causing so much I am now on pain killers and my bras are still not fitting properly because of this swelling. So forth week on still on pain killers bras not fitting properly and last week someone told me there is a post breast cancer lingerie shop near where I live!!! So feeling angry. I now await radiotherapy sessions and it’s all so overwhelming.

biggles

Postby biggles » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi GIna,
Not surprised you are angry, you have every right to be! :evil: With a bit of information in advance you could have saved so much discomfort.

Have you checked out the swelling and pain with your GP? That sounds pretty unpleasant too.

And, like you, I can remember feeling overwhelmed by it all, so much happened in such a short time, I wasn't in any control ...........

;)

Gina

Postby Gina » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:12 am

Thanks for replying. Yesterday I went to see the radiologist and she said because of swelling and redness I cannot start radiotherapy. Overnight the selling has spread to my trunk. In desperation I rang Macmillan nurses and they said I should go to my GP and I hope to get into see him today. I have also stopped taking tramadol as I feel so sick, this was 36 hours ago and I still feel sick. I feel so ill. Fingers crossed for today for me. Thanks for listening

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:25 am

Hello Gina,
How are you now? Wondering if the swelling is under control and you are feeling less sick. Do drop a line when you can.
Penny

Return to “Breast cancer”