Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

pennycsf
Site Admin

Prostate Cancer Study

Postby pennycsf » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:58 am

Copied from "Welcome"

Prostate Cancer Patient Advocacy

postby merelgrey » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:07 am
I am working with a global patient outcome organization seeking to know how much authority prostate cancer patients in France have in asking for tests or for specific treatments. We want to help increase patient involvement in decision making with their physicians. Are there areas for improvement? Does access to care depend upon reimbursement for tests from Welcome and treatments? Thanks for your answers in advance! Merel

PaddyFrog

Re: Prostate Cancer Study

Postby PaddyFrog » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Attorney Merel Niessenberg is the owner and lead attorney of her private firm. Her areas of practice include wrongful death, personal injury and medical malpractice.

Do we really need to assist her type within Europe and especially France, there are many excellent Advocates here.

merelgrey

Re: Prostate Cancer Study

Postby merelgrey » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:08 am

Prostate cancer is a global issue - the disease strikes Europeans as well as Americans and other nationalities. My advocacy work is separate and apart from my law practice (I noticed you stated that I am an attorney). I am the President of the National Alliance of State Prostate Cancer Coalitions (NASPCC) as well as the California Prostate Cancer Coalition (CPCC) - both pro bono (volunteer, unpaid). I have been President of both since theose organizations were formed, because I believe that there is a lot of work to do in the prostate cancer advocacy field. I also serve in several unpaid capacities for prostate cancer advocacy.
We have not been able to identify strong patient advocacy groups in France to advocate for prostate cancer patients. We should all be looking to increase the power of the patients to learn, to seek answers and information about their disease, to be able to ask their physicians for certain treatments, and to make joint decisions with their physicians. Can't we all work together??

Return to “Prostate cancer”