glad tidings from Goldenoldie

Use this section for any subject not covered elsewhere in the Forum

Moderators: pennycsf, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen, PaddyFrog

goldenoldie

glad tidings from Goldenoldie

Postby goldenoldie » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:15 am

well for all my friends down in the Deep South...and for the encouragement of new friends not yet met I would like to announce that my latest scan and visit to my new oncologist yesterday left me with the very good news that my Stem Cell treatment has been a complete success.
Although I had it in 2010, I was -and still am - taking part in a research programme against Lymphoma. As part of that, I was given two monthly "mini boosts" of chemo that only took a couple of hours to do for three years, so the Oncologist explained that because of that, my body was still being affected by the drugs..even now. It is the cause of the my bad sweating and tiredness but he said that would eventually go.
Despite that I have started a new life in the Charente Maritime with a house that is now nearly been sorted out and a very large garden that was just grass and is now boasting a large veggy plot, fruit cage and flower garden!!!...all my own work!! Now I can look forward to getting back to CSF matters up here and enjoying -literally - the fruits of my labours.
So my encouragement to similar victims would be resign yourself to taking a step or two back from things whilst the chemo is at work and then slowly get back to whatever your "normal" is..but do not rush it
Anyone facing the rigours of Stem Cell treatment and would like to discuss any worries, please do not hesitate to post on the forum..I can answer publically for the use of everyone or privately as you wish.
happy summer everyone :lol: :D

KarenVM87

Re: glad tidings from Goldenoldie

Postby KarenVM87 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:18 am

You must be so so happy and thank you for sharing your very good news. Karen

webmaster

Postby webmaster » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:29 am

Great news Goldenoldie!!

I have started a new life in the Charente Maritime with a house that is now nearly been sorted out and a very large garden that was just grass

As I live in the deep south, what is grass?

Frank

goldenoldie

Postby goldenoldie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:44 am

Its that funny green stuff we used to have in our gardens in England!!!!...downside, -not really as I enjoy it - is that like in the Uk it needs mowing twice a week!!!...its my job of the day today haha! :roll:

biggles

Postby biggles » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:55 am

What great news, goldenoldie! You must be thrilled. I don't drop in to the forum often, but I do remember when your treatment journey started some years ago now.

Smashing to have a "success story" to shout about.

Enjoy the Charente Maritime and have a superb summer.

Many good wishes

;)

francis

Postby francis » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:11 am

Good news - shouldn't you post this in another section so that more people are likely to see it. It will give much confidence to anyone offered stem cell treatment.

I am very happy for you!!!

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:32 am

That's a splendid idea, Francis. This really needs to be shared more widely, Goldenoldie, especially your offer to chat privately to people.

And great to hear you are enjoying life in the soggier but greener Maritime!

Very best wishes
Penny

Return to “Any other business”