What a year!

A forum to share information and experiences of cancer treatment, tips, queries, advice

Moderators: pennycsf, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen, PaddyFrog

evianers

What a year!

Postby evianers » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:18 pm

We could well have done without Year 2012 at all and skipped from 2011 directly to 2013 - it's nearly over but we shall not mourn 2012.
Just to say that my OH is cured, so we have a great deal to be thankful for, especially bearing in mind what some others are suffering. We feel for you, if that is any help whatsoever.
Only one other thing to mention : it was so distressing on top of everything else, that at the time we did not mention it, but because of the "extraneous equipment" necessarily worn post-operatively, and possibly because this had to be endured during the summer months, OH contracted E-Coli!!!! Apparently this can happen despite being scrupulously clean and showering religiously every morning. Having lived in Africa for many years, this put the Fear of God into us, but after a strenuous dose of antibiotics, these knocked the dreaded E-Coli on the head. If anyone finds themselves in a similar position, don't panic as it is not quite as awful as it sounds and can be treated. So roll on 2013 and with that in mind, our thanks once again for the sympathetic support from the moderators of the forum :
A Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone.

francis

Re: What a year!

Postby francis » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:31 am

Great news for you both; and what a Christmas present.

One very important thing for everyone to learn from all your suffering is that Cancer can be beaten!!!

Good luck for a happy future.

goldenoldie

Postby goldenoldie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:44 am

Yes!...I quite agree. Whilst the boffins cannot find a cure for all, they have made tremendous progress with both treatments and "apres" treatments, so while we all feel for those who suffer the ghastly Big C in all its forms lets stay optimistic and positive, rejoicing with those lucky enough to respond to treatments and supporting those who suffer.

Happy 2013 to everyone

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 pm

What a relief, Evianers, to put your own awful year behind you; Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us here. I know that will be of enormous help to those who sadly but inevitably come behind you.

I am sure you would now like to put the "Big C" as goldenoldie calls it out of your mind but could I ask a favour? If you would continue to subscribe just to the forum on Prostate Cancer (now it has its own section), then you would be notified of any posts coming in to that forum only. You may well be able to use your annus horribilis to help someone else.

All the very best for 2013 and may you be back enjoying those walks together!!!! :D

Penny

evianers

Postby evianers » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Of course! I was going to say "with pleasure", but one can or should hardly call it that, but yaw'll know what I mean.
We are here for anyone, anyone at all who wishes to communicate with us, who needs support, or who needs the benefit of our [dreadful] experiences. Will subscribe certainly. A Very Happy New Year - no longer annus horribilis one hopes.

Return to “Cancer treatment”