Breast cancer treatment in Paris

A forum to share information and experiences of cancer treatment, tips, queries, advice

Moderators: pennycsf, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen, PaddyFrog

ibschnee

Breast cancer treatment in Paris

Postby ibschnee » Sun May 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Hello! I have been diagnosed with BC a few weeks ago at the age of 33. The timing was pretty bad as I am in between UK and France (my partner is French). I already had started working in France and applied for my social security number but because the process takes quite a while I went back to the UK to get my lump checked out. I got diagnosed in the UK and had the surgery here. The doctors here told me that I need chemo, herceptin, radiotherapy and tamoxifen. I have an appointment in the Marie Curie Hospital in Paris next week as I am planning on having the treatment there. Does anyone have experience of breast cancer treatment in Paris? I am a little worried since I have limited French skills. Also, what kind of support services are there in Paris? Many thanks!

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Breast cancer treatment in Paris

Postby pennycsf » Sun May 19, 2013 5:37 pm

Hello Ibschnee,

I am so sorry that you are having to face this and I do hope that we can give you some support through the Forum and possibly practically with the language.

There is no CSF association at the moment in Paris but I may be able to either put you in touch with someone there or, failing that, help out with language support "long distance".

If this would help ,then would you please e-mail me on pennycsf66@gmail.com or send me a private message so that I can contact you directly and save any delay.

Penny

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Support found

Postby pennycsf » Wed May 22, 2013 10:45 am

No-one need worry that this post from Ibschnee has gone unanswered.

We have been able to put her in touch with someone who works with CSF despite the lack of a CSF association in the Paris area.

Here is what Ibschnee e-mailed.

" I really appreciate your help! And of course you can post on the forum that you have found support for me."

We all wish her strength for the forthcoming months.

evianers

Postby evianers » Wed May 22, 2013 10:51 am

Yes, we sympathise. Although our cancer was Prostate Cancer in my OH who was 68 at the time,
whenever the treated "C" strikes at any age, it is horrible to have to deal with. So any support we
can give, here it is! It was also good for us to know that this excellent website gives strength and
courage to those who are suffering. A positive attitude is absolutely vital, despite that there are
days when one feels anything but positive. Hang in there. A year on and ours is a distant memory.
We hope and pray the same for you.

francis

Re: Support found

Postby francis » Wed May 22, 2013 12:15 pm

pennycsf wrote: despite the lack of a CSF association in the Paris area.

This is probably not the correct place in the forum to post this (maybe the webmaster could create an "Any Other Business" section?) - but why is there no CSF branch in the Paris region?

Can we use this forum to try to gather support for such a branch?

Would other CSF branches be able to help in starting a branch if volunteers came forward?

Surely there are enough anglophones in the Paris area, if they can be co-ordinated.

Any thoughts, anyone?

ibschnee

Postby ibschnee » Thu May 23, 2013 11:21 am

Thank you very much for your replies!

susie54

Postby susie54 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:54 pm

I've just joined the forum, and i've been having my treatment at Hopital Tenon, and my care has been superb. Would be nice to chat to fellow anglophones, for the emotional support, because I've had cancer twice, the first time in the UK, and although I find the medical care here is brilliant, I do feel a bit abandoned and miss someone to talk to and share with, like the good old MacMillan nurse

Return to “Cancer treatment”