Nexavar

A forum to share information and experiences of cancer treatment, tips, queries, advice

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

pennycsf
Site Admin

Nexavar

Postby pennycsf » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:44 pm

This is a copy of a posting from the "Welcome" section by Lynn. Maybe someone has some expereince of this drug?

Hi. I don't have Cancer, but my husband has been diagnosed with Liver Cancer, which they say due to his age 70 he is too old to operate or have a transplant. So they have given him tablets Nexavar. and we go back to see the consultant every month. I get very frustrated sometimes as I don't know if some of symptoms he has is to do with the tablets.

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Nexavar

Postby pennycsf » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:47 pm

Hello Lyn,

If you wish to find out more about Nexavar (also known as sorafenib) then one of the reputable websites is that operated by Cancer Research UK. They do have a section on this drug which you can find here:

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-c ... /sorafenib

This may put your mind at rest about your husband's symptoms and may make it easier to decide whether you need to return your doctor.

Lynfs

Re: Nexavar

Postby Lynfs » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:05 pm

Thanks for website, after reading some of the side effects, my husband does get very confused, tired and loss of appetite. so wen we go back to the consultant in Poitiers at the end of the month, we will mention it.

Return to “Cancer treatment”