Photodynamic or Immunotherapy

A forum to share information and experiences of cancer treatment, tips, queries, advice

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

csfdordognelot

Photodynamic or Immunotherapy

Postby csfdordognelot » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi there

any information would be hugely appreciated, i have been contacted by client who has recently had surgery for cancerous tonsil and neck dissection at Francheville in Perigueux, surgeon wishes to do mop up of any cancer cells that maybe still around with radiotherapy. Client wishes to locate a hospital in France where he can be treated with Photodynamic or Immunotherapy. The surgeon is happy to refer.

best wishes to all

Julia

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Photodynamic or Immunotherapy

Postby pennycsf » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi Julia,

So far as I am aware PDT and immunotherapy are not suitable for all cancers (see Cancer Research website) do you know if it is OK for this person? I guess if the surgeon will refer then it should be!

On a quick search, they are running a prostate cancer research trial at Poitiers using photodynamic therapie - that would indicate they do it there. This is the hospital:

Hôpital de la Milétrie
2 rue de la Milétrie
86000 Poitiers cedex

The doctor is Pr Jacques Irani who is definitely at that hospital, the CHU, but I can't find anything on their website on this treatment
Still maybe that's a start!

Penny

csfdordognelot

Postby csfdordognelot » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi Penny

many thanks, as you say this is a start.

best wishes

Julia

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:34 pm

The CHU at Nantes does radio-immunotherapie, have a look at this link:

http://www.chu-nantes.fr/servlet/com.js ... tf.core.SG

There are other hospitals, but this was the nearest I could come up with in vaguely your area.

I can't find anything which specifically relates to treatment for head and/neck cancer tho'. Sorry and good luck. :)

Return to “Cancer treatment”