Sun tan and/or ski lotion

In order to protect the HONcode certification of the forum, links to sites offering information will be checked from time to time by a Moderator.

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

pennycsf
Site Admin

Sun tan and/or ski lotion

Postby pennycsf » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Sun tan lotion called "Daylong" was recommended by a doctor to one of our members after her daughter needed chemotherapy leaving her skin very vulnerable.. She has used the Daylong products (there is a vast range of skincare and suntan/ski lotions) for some years now, in particular on her children, and found them to be very satisfactory. She tells me that the sun cream is not thick or sticky and really does only need to be applied once a day, even when her children are in and out of the water. Since using these products her family have never suffered from sunburn.

On following the link to the company website at www.daylong.com I found that their range of products were used in a research programme about the use of sun lotions to prevent skin cancer. This research was published in the British Journal of Dermatology in 2009 and showed that Daylong products were very effective.

Daylong products are made by a Swiss company and are stocked in some pharmacies and can also be found on line - try the main site at:

www.daylong.com

or for its French associated company see:

www.laboratoires-spirig.com

According to the French website, you might be able to get the cost of Daylong products reimbursed by your Caisse or Mutuelle as long as it can be shown that there is a medical reason for their use.

Penny

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Sun tan and/or ski lotion -Not NICE

Postby pennycsf » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:55 pm

And would you believe it? Since posting this on Saturday, another of our members with a skin cancer has been recommended to use Daylong. However, he has been told that, as it is not on the French equivalent of the UK NICE list of approved drugs, he cannot be reimbursed.

Penny

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Sun tan and/or ski lotion

Postby pennycsf » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:07 pm

At the time of writing, the Daylong products can be obtained at a good price through the French Parapharmacy website at www.cosmetik-paris.com.

pennycsf
Site Admin

Re: Sun tan and/or ski lotion

Postby pennycsf » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:55 am

Hi there,
Not that I have been made aware of. I personally know two families who use these products without any problem. The first has two daughters and has been using the sun tan lotion for over 6 years on both the children and the parents. The second was advised to use Daylong and subsequently the whole family use it.

No promises, however, anyone can react to something unexpectedly. If you are concerned about a reaction, could you apply a small amount and wait 24 hours?

Penny

Return to “Links”