Lung function after chemo

From wigs to water - a forum to discuss anything concerning chemotherapy treatments - tips, questions, advice, experiences, etc

Moderators: pennycsf, PaddyFrog, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen

edythuk

Re: Lung function after chemo

Postby edythuk » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:51 pm

I had a scan 2 weeks ago which was clear, nothing abnormal showing anywhere. This was the same as the one I had 9 months ago before my operation. I was prescribed the 12 sessions of chemo because the biopsy showed that one lymph node was affected. The oncologist said it was just precautionary to make sure the cancer had not spread.
I saw him on Monday and he said I am in remission. The cancer is gone.
I have an appointment for another coloscopy in October but no further scans. (I was expecting to be monitored for a couple of years.)
Anyway all is good so I just need to build up my weight and energy. The neuropathy will probably continue but it isn't too bad.

pennycsf
Site Admin

Postby pennycsf » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:55 am

What EXCELLENT News! :D

Take it easy and build up your strength, it'll probably take longer than you think so don't be hard on yourself and do pop back here and see us! We love to hear how people progress!!

Penny

goldenoldie

Postby goldenoldie » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:52 am

so glad everything is going well at present. re the scans, they normally do not like to scan you more than once every six months so the October date would be right. The tingling will diminish as time goes by...that time being set by your own body clock so as pennycsf says do not be hard on yourself and think of progressing slowly but surely. Enjoy building your weight back up to what it was "before" and always remember...if you are at all worried go back to your Doctor and ask.
Happy for you ....keep in touch, we are always here for you.
goldenoldie

Return to “Chemo”