Trudi Tompson

Please take the opportunity here to celebrate the life of someone close to you. You will also find information and help during bereavement

Moderators: pennycsf, KarenVM87, Cathy Allen, PaddyFrog

pennycsf
Site Admin

Trudi Tompson

Postby pennycsf » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Trudi grasped life with vigour and it is with great sadness that I learned of her passing a few short weeks ago. I will always remember her as a lovely, bright, positive, intelligent and funny lady, a delight to be with and an inspiration.

I first met Trudi at a CSF coffee morning back in 2013, full of life, full of future plans and pleased to share her cancer experience to support others. Indeed, much of her experience has been shared through this Forum! She and her husband, Geoff, split their time between their French and their UK homes, but she never missed a coffee morning when she was able to join us. So, over the years, we enjoyed many happy moments together, even though, at times, I know that Trudi was struggling with the challenges of side effects of treatment and, eventually, the progression of this silent disease.

Geoff sent me this photo of Trudi which demonstrates perfectly her approach to life. Here she is on the edge of Vesuvius, having beaten her husband to the summit, less than three months after having both right lobes of her liver removed in France where she had much of her treatment.
Trudi2.jpeg
Trudi2.jpeg (81.68 KiB) Viewed 528 times

Thank you, Trudi, for sharing your zest for life with us all.
Penny

biggles

Re: Trudi Tompson

Postby biggles » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:48 pm

Maria Howard, a good friend of Trudi, writes:

Trudi was a dear friend, une battante, her indefatigable cheeriness is sadly missed by all her PO friends.

norfolksetter

Re: Trudi Tompson

Postby norfolksetter » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:52 pm

Trudi’s ability to ‘live with cancer’ in such a positive way and to deal with the problems thrown up by her recurring ‘little blighters’ time and again over the last few years was inspirational. Her indomitable spirit, bright intelligence and zest for living made her a very special person. She will indeed, be much missed, by all of us who had the privilege of being her friend.

Return to “In Memory”